14 July 2021, Crown Melbourne
The past year has accelerated our path to the future of work. After a year of constant change, what’s in store for 2022 and beyond? Where do we want to go? And how will we get there?
- Practical HR lessons from the COVID-era
- The future of flexibility, HR technology and virtual employee engagement
- How are corporates, SMEs and not-for-profits planning workspaces for the future?
- Current trends in HR technology and virtual working
- What skills will be most important as our workforce continue to evolve?
Regional Corporate Manager, SIRVA Worldwide Relocation & Moving
Vice President, Human Resources, Ford Australia
Chief People Experience Officer, flybuys
Head of Digital Adoption & People Experience, Melbourne Airport
Senior Manager, Global Mobility, CSL Innovation Ltd
The stresses of the pandemic have given new importance to workplace mental health and wellness. Here is how one company is helping their employees with their wellbeing.
- How to consult with staff and leaders about mental health
- Navigating employee anxiety, stress and burnout
- Delivering mental health programs in a virtual and hybrid format
- Overcoming the stigma and challenges of workplace mental health
- What is a realistic, achievable mental health action plan and target?
- How to measure ROI on mental health programs and practices
Human Relations Director, Australia & New Zealand, L’Oréal Group
How can managers motivate and inspire employees when they can’t be with them all the time? And how can they promote connection and creativity within their teams? Join us for a deep dive into managing and motivating remote teams.
- How to cultivate a strong and cohesive team culture in a virtual setting
- Building trust and accountability among remote team members
- Tips for improving communication and collaboration
- Gamification mechanisms to keep employees engaged virtually
- Promoting team spirit and collaboration with virtual strategies
Chief People and Culture Officer, OpenPay
The global pandemic has changed how businesses operate – perhaps forever. At the start of a new financial year, while many HR professionals are looking to the future, it’s also important to take stock: what did we learn from the experiences of 2020 and what can we do better? In this session, discover:
- Why it’s critical to continue to learn from the HR community and be brave about experimenting with new ways of leading and working
- The knowledge and skills that HR will need to succeed in uncharted waters, including metrics & analytics
- New focus areas: creating a ‘new’ employee experience, building relationships, and enhancing the EQ of our leaders
This is HR’s moment to lead organisations in navigating the future of technology for a positive employee impact. In this session, Kellie will share innovative and best practice ways technology can motivate and manage your workforce.
- Current trends in HR tech and virtual employee engagement
- Share case studies from Atlassian, Marketplacer and other start-ups
- Brainstorming technologies that facilitate innovation
- Identifying trends using people analytics
Chief People Officer, Marketplacer
Hear from Andrea Gannon as she shares how Mattel Australia & New Zealand is creating an empowering and engaging experience to help inspire wonder in the next generation and to allow them to bring their best selves to work to have true impact.
HR Director, Australia & New Zealand, Mattel
The new statutory definition of 'casual' employment in the Fair Work Act comes with new rules around the employment of casual workers.
- What is the statutory definition of casual employment?
- Which employees have a right to request casual conversion?
- Can you refuse a request for conversion?
- New rules around double-dipping and casual loading
Workplaces are becoming more mobile and transient, tailored to the demands of hybrid working and ‘drop-in’ workers. How can HR teams build a strong and cohesive sense of belonging, equality and purpose in a hybrid environment?
- Overcoming challenges endemic to hybrid work arrangements
- Ensuring equity between remote and office-based workers
- How to provide a stimulating and inspiring space that is designed intentionally
- Providing equal training and networking opportunities for remote and office workers in a hybrid context
- How to run hybrid meetings to ensure equality between remote and office-based workers
Chief People Officer, Kraft Heinz
Chief People and Capability Officer, Kmart Australia
Chief People Officer, MLC Life Insurance
Director – People and Culture, Parks Victoria
One of the biggest challenges of remote working is fostering culture, social cohesion and trust. How can HR teams help people to feel emotionally connected with their organisation's vision in a virtual setting?
- Cultivating cultural and social cohesion with a remote and digital workforce
- Risk management: How to ensure that employees are acting ethically when they are at home
- Practical strategies to help employees to feel connected to your brand
- Helping virtual employees to share information with each other virtually
- Virtual events and virtual team building – what works and what doesn’t work?
Tutor, NIDA Corporate
Senior Director of Community & People, 99designs
Human Resources Director, Mars
Executive Manager, HR Business Partnering, REA Group
How can HR leaders cultivate a sense of stability and certainty in their workforces, while the world is still shaped by factors we can’t predict or control?
- HR-led change management strategies for an uncertain world
- How to set targets and measure output in the new post-pandemic era
- Negotiating the tension between wellbeing and productivity
Chief People Officer, Australia, New Zealand and Japan, Mondelēz International
While pay raises and bonuses may be off the cards for now, our panellists from Cotton On, AKQA, Monash IVF, and Thales are maintaining employee engagement through a creative total rewards strategy that includes flexibility, training, benefits, wellbeing and time off. Here is how they do it.
- Finding the right mix between monetary and non-monetary rewards
- How to assess your current approach to rewards, remuneration and performance
- Who should receive your rewards, and what should they be rewarded for?
- How to structure and communicate flexible work arrangements
- Work life balance benefits: flexible schedules and job sharing schemes
- Creative and innovative rewards and benefits employees love
Talent and Culture Director, APAC, AKQA
Head of People Experience & Development, Cotton On Group
Diversity and inclusion must be integrated into HR policies, managerial capability and the employee experience. This organisation is leading the way when it comes to diversity - here is how they did it.
- Developing gender-balanced teams to improve performance and engagement
- Promoting accountability within leadership for hiring, promotion, and retention
- Using data and industry benchmarks to measure diversity metrics and monitor progress
*To enter the draw to win the $2,000 cash prize giveaway, make sure you collect all the stamps from the sponsors! The Expo Passports will be available at the registration desk.
Skill development moves beyond the domain of learning and into the talent ecosystem and careers. How can we continuously develop the skills of the workforce to maximise their potential?
- Leveraging learning development strategies to improve employee performance
- Retaining talent through skill development
- Accelerating and building great careers
Director, Talent Advisory Practice, Directioneering
The performance review process has been discussed and debated at HR conferences for years. In a post-pandemic world, how should we approach goal-setting, performance reviews and assessment?
- Successful programs for assessing and measuring remote workforce
- Recalibrating KPIs to reflect a world that is more flexible
- How can we make performance goals fair and meaningful in this chaotic, ever-changing, uncertain environment?
- Ongoing coaching conversations that establish a rhythm of collaboration
- Bonus, commission and incentives that drive performance in this 'new normal'
Professional People Whisperer, AnneliBlundell.com
Head of People and Performance, Peters Ice Cream
Head of Human Resources - Australia & New Zealand, Siemens
General Manager Customer, People & Culture, Henley
Head of Marketplace Solutions, Ascender HCM