The findings from the Respect@Work report has increased the need for clarity and urgency to address and prevent sexual harassment in the workplace. This session will examine the latest legal updates in workplace sexual harassment including case law and upcoming changes.
- Understanding the Sex Discrimination Act 1984 (SDA) – definition of sexual harassment, prohibited areas of public life such as employment, vicarious liability and remedies
- Key statistics of workplace sexual harassment in Australia
- Jurisdiction options for harassment claim – state or Commonwealth Sex Discrimination Act 1984 and practice and procedure
- Recent case developments – Ranemeet Kaur  FWC 487; Oliver v Bassari (Human Rights)  VCAT 329
- Proposed changes to Sex Discrimination Act 1984 (Cth) arising from Respect@Work Report